Farming Operations Representative
Looking to move your career in the right direction? Let us invest in you!
Chicken Farmers of Ontario's (CFO) staff-associates are critical to CFO’s success in providing high quality, high impact solutions to Ontario’s chicken farmers, industry value chain stakeholders and Ontario consumers.
The Ontario chicken industry is one of the most successful supply managed industries in the country and accounts for over $3.8 billion in overall economic activity in the province.
CFO has a long-standing strategy of rewarding talent and experience which has been designed to attract, retain and motivate high performers and strategic thinkers. At CFO, staff-associates work collaboratively enjoying competitive wages and benefits while immersed in a sustainable culture that stimulates leadership, accountability, excellence, collaboration and innovation.
CFO is leading positive change and building value as Canada’s premier provider of trusted, family- farmed, safe high-quality chicken. Representing over 1,300 family farmers in the province, CFO is responsible for a growing, profitable and sustainable chicken industry.
The chicken business is growing, and so is Chicken Farmers of Ontario!
Farming Operations Representative
- Build and enhance overall CFO relationships, primarily with farmer-members, processor-customers and the value chain through developing and delivering practical solutions that facilitate their compliance with CFO’s regulatory framework
- Educate farmers in Best Management Practices, knowledge sharing, data and technology to achieve assured production performance
- Conduct on-site farm inspections to ensure compliance with CFO regulations and policy for quota holding farmers, Specialty & Artisanal licence holders and Family Food growers
- Responsible for advocating positive change by supporting farmers as they evolve their businesses to meet progressive digital requirements of various CFO platforms
- Interface with poultry processors and transporters to ensure regulatory compliance while supporting the administration of the supply management system
- Completion of College Diploma or University Degree in Agriculture
- Preference would be given to those with experience in the broiler industry
- Bilingualism is a requirement
Competencies Required to Perform Role
- Ability to use technology tools – MS Windows, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Web based applications
- Experience using a customer relationship management system is an asset
What We Offer:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skill
- Problem Solving Skills
- Handle pressure and remain calm in difficult situations
- Team-based work ethic from home office
- Attention to detail
- Task Orientated and highly organized
- Self Motivated to achieve high quality standards and targets/metrics with minimal supervision
- Work from a home-based office
- Company vehicle, phone, and office tools provided
- Stable routine, independent work environment
- Great educated team always available for support
- Competitive benefit program
- Eastern Province (Perth, Kemptville, Kingston, Napanee, Brockville, Cornwall, St. Isidore)
CFO's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CFO, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, reflecting our industry and the communities where we live and work. We work together, unified by our respect for each other, CFO values, and the pursuit of our business strategy. Diversity at CFO is understanding, recognizing, and valuing the differences that make each person unique.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.