The table below shows the components of the producer margin as provided in Regulation 402 for quota period A-148 and as updated for A-169 to A-173.
|Producer margin items
||A-148 (reg. 402)
|Repair & Maintenance
|Property Taxes & Insurance
|Office & Overhead
|Labour - General & Management
|Return on Capital
|Working Capital Interest
| Operational and Capital Costs
|Levies and License Fees Before Recovery
|CFC Levy Accrual Recovery for Ontario
|Avian Influenza Disease Insurance
| Total Producer Margin
- A-148 operational and capital cost items are updated to A-169 using changes of the following:
- Prices and price indices available through Statistics Canada, Farm Credit Canada, Bank of Canada, Ontario Energy Board and Canada Revenue Agency
- Productivity metrics, including:
- Barn Utilization (kg/ft2)
- Cycle Length (Number of Weeks/Cycle)
- Annual Production Volume in the Barn (kg/ft2)
- Days in Barn (Days/Cycle)
- Chick Conversion Ratio (Number of Chicks/kg Chicken)
- Farm volume (kg/quota holder)
- A-148 Levies and License Fees, Avian Influenza Disease Insurance, and Modular Loading costs are updated to the effective corresponding costs in A-169.
- For pricing periods up to and including A-168, the values for Operational and Capital Costs include Levies and License Fees. Starting in A-169, Levies and License Fees are now shown separately below the Operational and Capital Costs line.
- The FGMLP for Quota Period A-172 includes an amount of $0.002 per kg that represents a recovery of the emergency depopulation charge that was not applied to the base chick prices prior to A-171. With this added charge, the Total Producer Margin for A-172 is: $0.5795.