BURLINGTON, ON – March 25, 2021
– Chicken Farmers of Ontario (CFO) is pleased to introduce the CFO Board of Directors and District Committee Representatives (DCRs) that have been elected by CFO farmer-members, effective March 25, 2021.
CLICK HERE to see the full list of 2021-2022 CFO Board Directors.
CLICK HERE to see the full list of 2021-2022 DCRs.
CFO welcomes Andrea Veldhuizen, who has been elected to represent District 4 on the CFO Board of Directors.
CFO welcomes Adrian Op't Hoog, incoming DCR in District 1 and Jessica Szmiett and Jonathan Giret, incoming DCRs in District 3.
The CFO Board of Directors held their annual election for Board Executive positions virtually on March 25, 2021, following CFO's 2021 Virtual Annual General Meeting.
CFO Board executive and elected position results in alphabetical order:
- Ed Benjamins, Chair, Chicken Farmers of Ontario
- Scott Buchan, Poultry Industry Council (PIC) Representative
- Jordan Fois, Farm and Food Care (FFCO) Representative
- Rick Kaptein, Canadian Broiler Council (CBC) Representative
- Rick Kaptein, Chicken Farmers of Canada (CFC) Alternate Representative
- Tim Klompmaker, Chicken Farmers of Canada (CFC) Representative
- Murray Opsteen, 1st Vice-Chair, Chicken Farmers of Ontario
- Adrian Rehorst, 2nd Vice-Chair, Chicken Farmers of Ontario
CFO would like to thank Tom Beischlag, District 4’s outgoing Board Director. Tom has served as a member of the CFO Board of Directors several times over the years, and most recently for the last four years. He has performed as representative for the Feather Board Command Centre, on the Poultry Insurance Exchange Board, and as Chair for the inaugural CFO Policy Committee. Tom’s contributions to the Ontario chicken industry have been significant, and his hard work and dedication is very much appreciated.
In addition, CFO would like to thank the following outgoing DCRs for their commitment to the Ontario chicken industry; Derek Detzler from District 1 and Ed McKinlay, District 3.
This year, in November & December 2021, nominations for Board Directors and District Committee Representatives will take place in Districts 6, 7, 8, & 9. In January & February 2022, there will be elections for nominated Board Directors and DCRs. Successful candidates will begin their term at the CFO AGM in March 2022.
All members of the CFO Board of Directors and District Committee Representative can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname @ ontariochicken.ca.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Good Governance at Chicken Farmers of Ontario.